- Gwyneth Paltrow Says Estranged Husband Chris Martin Is Like Her Brother!
- Chris Martin Is Being Sued For Hitting A Paparazzo With His Car!
- Chris Martin & Annabelle Wallis Holiday In Paris
- Kate Hudson's Wardrobe Malfunction At La Mer Event, Posts Selfies
- Exes Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Reunite For Her 43rd Birthday
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is Over Chris Martin, Brad Falchuk Confirms Romance With The Actress
- Gwyneth Paltrow Enjoys Vacation In Italy With Beau, Brad Falchuk
- Ben Affleck's Failed High-Profile Romances: Jennifer Garner, Gwyneth Paltrow & JLo
- Fathers Day: Celebrities Share Rare & Unseen Childhood Pics With Dads On Instagram
- Red Nose Day: Kim Kardashian, Reese Witherspoon, Gwyneth Paltrow & More
- Celebrities Who Made Love In A Plane & Joined Mile High Club
- Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow's Intimate Beach Date
Commonly called as the Oscar Curse, it is a superstition where Oscar winners have not won again and is called to be cursed. Some of the winners of the gold statuette have either been lucky after winning the trophy or gone down in the nominations.
Winning the Oscar boy is a dream of every actor in all the film industries. However, the golden statuette is not deemed to be a lucky charm for many Hollywood stars as they have been a winner, but then became duds with their flop movies. Even if they gave a few hits, these Oscar winners failed to qualify till now for the awards again.
The fresh example is 2014 Oscar winner, Matthew McConaughey who with his brilliant performance in Dallas Buyers Club won the Best Actor Academy Award in his very first nomination. However, his recent release, Interstellar has been getting mixed response with some liking his role and some hating it. Moreover, the Oscar winner is no where in the Oscar 2015 Best Actor nominations predictions as well. But we hope the recent actor who got a star at Hollywood Wall of Fame will get a nomination based on the accolades he got for his performance in Interstellar.
There have been some Oscar winners who have given hits as well as flops, but failed to qualify as a nominee for the Academy Awards. For example, Gwyneth Paltrow wowed not just with her pink gown that she won at her Oscar win, but also at her emotional speech. She won the Best Actress award in 1998 for "Shakespeare in Love." Since then, Paltrow only made news for her performance as Pepper in the "Iron Man" series. Her role as Pepper is a hit but not that popular to make her build a path to the Oscars.
Thus, we decided to take a look at the stars who suffered from Oscar curse after winning the golden trophy. These stars have not been nominated again for the Academy Award as well.
Mira won the Best Supporting Actress for Woody Allen's "Mighty Aphrodite" in 1995. After 1997's "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, Mira had given uncountable flops before coming back with Human Trafficking in 2005 which won her a Golden Globe Nomination.
Kim too won the Best Supporting Actress for "L.A. Confidential". But after the Oscar win, the actress came in "Bless the Child" in a lead role which was terrible.
Adrien won the Best Actor for The Pianist in 2002 and after that he appeared in "The Village" in 2004, which was critically ridiculed.
The legendary comedy star won the Academy Award for 1997's film "Good Will Hunting" but was never nominated again, even after the late actor worked in numerous films.
She won the Best Actress award in 1998 for "Shakespeare in Love." Since then, Paltrow only made news for her performance as Pepper in the "Iron Man" series.