- Robert Downey Jr Leaving Marvel Franchise Confirms Chris Evans
- An Avenger Might Show Up In Marvel's Dr. Strange
- Robert Downey Jr. Returning for Sherlock Holmes 3
- Robert Downey Jr. Returning To Television After 15 Years
- No More Tony Stark, Next Iron Man Is A 15-Year-Old Girl
- Captain America: Civil War Doing Well Internationally!
Around a week after Robert Downey Jr confirmed about Iron Man 4 and then took back his words, the actor is all set to suit up again as Iron Man for Marvel's 'Captain America 3' before the Iron Man 4 from the franchise comes up.
The actor had dropped hints that he was ending his stint as Iron Man after second and third instalments as Marvel has no plans to make a fourth movie about the self-made superhero. Joe and Anthony Russo, the brothers behind 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier', are directing the third Captain America. Marvel and Downey Jr are yet to confirm the news but the Hollywood Reporter said they are in talks and the actor's return to the role could see him reap USD 40 million.
The actor made more than USD 50 million for his work in the first Avengers, and sources said he was looking for something similar. The three 'Iron Man' movies have earned USD 2.4 billion worldwide, while the first Avengers earned a record-breaking USD 1.5 billion worldwide in 2012.
Robert Downey Jr. will also reprise his role for next year's Avengers: Age of Ultron and the third Avengers movie.So prepare yourself for some action packed Iron Man.