- Russell Brand Slams Katy Perry On His Documentary By Calling Her Names
- Russell Brand Wants To Seduce, Love & Marry Deepika Padukone
- Russell Brand Visits India Again Years After Marrying Katy Perry
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry: Her Failed Romances
- Russell Brand To Feature In His Documentary, Brand The Film
- Katy Perry Planned To Commit Suicide During Her Marriage Crisis!
Comedian Russell Brand and pop star Katy Perry's marriage did not last, but the former admits that he has fond memories of his relationship with his ex-wife. Gushing about his marriage to Katy Perry, Russell Brand heaped praise on Katy at Today Show on Monday.
Katy and Russell got engaged in 2009 and tied the knot in October 2010 in a traditional Hindu ceremony in Rajasthan, India. However, Russell filed for divorce just after Christmas in 2011 which came much as a shock. The duo got divorced after 14 months of marriage in December 2011.
"I really enjoyed it (our marriage). Katy Perry is an amazing person," he said on Today Show. Katy on the other side said previously that the split was "traumatic" and changed her opinion on love.
Katy said, 'It was emotionally traumatic for me. It was the death of a dream. I was in fairytale land, and the reality of it wasn't so. 'But I don't really like talking about it anymore, because it feels like a thousand lifetimes ago, and also it makes me look desperate, like I need it for attention.'
Russell and Katy moved on after the divorce. Russell dated socialite Jemima Khan for about one year and then she dumped him. Katy on the other side dated John Mayer but split last year.