- Shocking But True: Sharon Stone Came Back To Life After Death
- amFAR Cannes 2015: Aishwarya Rai, Kendall Jenner, Hailey Baldwin, Adriana Lima & More
- Cannes 2015 Red Carpet: Aishwarya Rai, Cate Blanchett & More...
- Happy Birthday Sharon Stone! Her Hottest Pics
- Celebrity Couples Who Got Married On Valentine's Day
- Sharon Stone's Starry Tantrums At 'Golden Boy' Sets
Actress Sharon Stone suffered from massive brain hemorrhage in 2001. After 13 years, the actress opened up on her struggle.
The 'Basic Instinct' actress said that she spent two years in coming to terms, said the Hollywood Reporter in an essay. "I spent two years learning to walk and talk again. I came home from that stroke stuttering, couldn't read for two years," Stone said.
"I don't need someone to make me feel bad about growing older. I'll tell you what makes you feel bad: when you think you might not," she added.
Stone, 56, said now shes doing well, which she credits to her hard work and determination to thrive. "Perhaps another reason for the way I look is that I don't drink. Any alcohol. I've watched actors and actresses go off the rails with drugs and alcohol for years. Particularly when it all happens so fast when you're young. "I want to feel all my feelings, to have every feeling a person can have and never not feel it. Now I'm a big tea drinker, though rarely ones with caffeine. I have an apothecary of tea," she added.
"I believe there can be a movie plot where the leading hot guy who's 43 falls for me instead of the 25-year-old girl," she wrote in an essay published in the Hollywood Reporter.
"Jesus, every time I go into a Starbucks, some 20-year-old guy throws himself at me! Although it might be because he knows there's a meal at the end of it. But these young guys know the sex would be better," Stone revealed.