- It’s Time For Us To Embrace Donald Trump Says Matthew McConaughey
- Matthew McConaughey Is Selfishly Faithful To His Wife Camila Alves
- Matthew McConaughey Recalls How His Mother Slammed Him For Abbreviated Name
- Matthew McConaughey Thought Wife Would Reject His Marriage Proposal
- INSIDE PICS! Akshay Kumar, Parineeti, Abhishek With Salma Hayek, Matthew McConaughey In Dubai!
- Matthew McConaughey Doesn't Look Like This Anymore!
- McConaughey reveals his daughter's birth secret
McConaughey, who married Alves in 2012, talked about her convincing power in an interview with GQ magazine. "Look, some of it had to do with her putting it on me," the actor said.
"We talked about it spiritually. We did a lot of reading and talked to a lot of people who got divorced, a lot of people who were happily married.
"We talked to our pastor. In the end, our understanding was, 'Let's go make a covenant, with you, me, and god," the 44-year-old actor added.
The "Dallas Buyers Club" actor says he was not ready to get married as he didn't "want it to be a destination".
"I had to get to the point where I saw (getting married) as more than just the thing to do... You know, I didn't want it to be a destination," McConaughey said.