- Tony Bennett Grieves Amy Winehouse's Death, Says She Was His Idol
- Amy Winehouse Birthday: Facts To Know About The Grammy Winner
- Amy Review: A Beautiful Documentary On The Lost Star, Amy Winehouse
- Amy Winehouse's Documentary 'Amy' Trailer Is Out
- Amy Winehouse's Life-Size Bronze Statue Unveiled In London
- Asif Kapadia plans documentary on Amy Winehouse
The much awaited release on the late singer, Amy Winehouse, Amy's documentary release date has been announced. The upcoming documentary telling the story of Amy Winehouse will be released in the U.K. on July 3.
This documentary will release weeks before her fourth death anniversary. The first official teaser poster for the film Amy was unveiled on Wednesday.
The first minute-long trailer debuted at Universal Music Group's pre-Grammy brunch in February. The doc was announced in 2013 and is directed by Asif Kapadia. The British filmmaker's 2010 documentary Senna got two BAFTA and this is the second much talked about documentary of Asif.
Amy uses unseen archive footage and previously unheard tracks of the late singer.
Winehouse shot to international fame with her second album Back to Black, and died in 2011 from accidental alcohol poisoning at age 27.
"About two years ago we decided to make a movie about her -- her career and her life," he said. "It's a very complicated and tender movie. It tackles lots of things about family and media, fame, addiction, but most importantly, it captures the very heart of what she was about, which is an amazing person and a true musical genius," said Universal Music UK CEO/chairman David Joseph.