- Barack Obama Once Holidayed At The Same Countryside Resort In Which Anushka & Virat Married!
- President Barack Obama Weighs In On All-White Oscars Controversy
- Sasha Obama Turns 14: Her Cutest Pics Which Shows She Is A Daddy's Girl
- Watch President Barack Obama's April Fool Joke, Does Frank Underwood's (HoC) Impression
- President Obama Gives Back Kanye West
- President Obama Reads Mean Tweets, Michelle Dances on The Ellen Show!
- 2015 BET Awards Winners List: Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown & More
US President Barack Obama has hosted a private screening of historical drama film 'Selma' at the White House. The screening was attended by film's star cast including Oprah Winfrey, David Oyelowo, Carmen Ejogo, Tim Roth besides rapper Common and director Ava DuVernay.
Winfrey also serves the producer of the film. Common teamed up with John Legend for the movie's song, 'Glory', which has already won a Golden Globe, Critics' Choice Award and is nominated for an Oscar.
Common showed a quick IG video for fans while at the screening, and captioned the clip, "Some people take their friends to the movies, I take the movies to my friends selma movie." An important attendee was civil rights leader John Lewis, who helped lead the Selma-to-Montgomery march on March 7, 1965, that was stopped at the Edmund Pettus Bridge when state troopers attacked the demonstrators.
He is currently a leader of the Student Non Violent Coordinating Committee. 'Selma' has also been nominated in the best picture category at the 87th Academy Awards, to be held on February 22.
"Selma" is the latest movie to be shown in The White House after last year's "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" and 2012's "Lincoln" and "Beasts of the Southern Wild" were screened before. The Obamas have also screened "Slumdog Millionaire," "Julie & Julia" and "He's Just Not That Into You."
The biopic tells the back story of King's 1965 civil rights march in Alabama from Selma to Montgomery. The film will also be watched by Common, who collaborated with John Legend on the song 'Glory', which earned a best original song) Oscar. John legend won the Best Original Score award at the Golden Globes a few days back.