The last show of the TV host which started with Dave in 1993, was completely star-studded with loads of entertainment and emotions. We saw a standing ovation entrance of Dave, and some celebrities made it to the final episode as well, in short we have had it all last night!
After having a 33 years in Late Night, 22 of them as host of CBS' Late Show, Letterman who is also called as Dave decided to retire from the talk show. A lot of celebrities were sad over the retirement and emotional seeing his last Late Show episode as a host.
"Don't do this!" reads the handwritten note by Jennifer Lawrence who is seen holding up the message in a Facebook post. "No one is sick of you it's all in your head."
Apart from flooding social media, some celebrities also made it to his show. We also saw Barack Obama at the top of the show remarking in a taped address, "Our long national nightmare is over."
Celebrities showed up for the special segment in his last show, "Top 10 Things I've Always Wanted to Say to David Letterman." From Tina Fey to Bill Murray, 10 celebs spoke a few things about David Letterman on his last episode. Check out what these stars have to say to the host.
1. Bill Murray: "I'll never have the money I owe you."
2. Tina Fey: "Thanks for finally proving men can be funny."
3. Peyton Manning: "Dave, you are to comedy what I am to comedy."
4. Julia Louis Dreyfus: "Thanks for letting me take part in another hugely disappointing series finale." Dave's response: "I had nothing to do with that either."
5. Chris Rock: "I'm just glad your show is being given to another white guy." Dave's response: "You know I had nothing to do with that!"
6. Jim Carrey: "I've always found you to be a bit of an over-actor."
7. Jerry Seinfeld: ""I have no idea what I'll do when you go off the air. You know? I just thought of something. I'll be fine."
8. Steve Martin: "Your extensive plastic surgery was a necessity and a mistake."
9. Barbara Walters: "Did you know you wear the same cologne as Muammar Gaddafi?"
10. Alec Baldwin "Of all the talk shows, yours is most geographically convenient to my home."