- Ella Hughes Is One Of The Hottest & Prettiest Woman In The World! It's True & We're Not Joking!
- Similarities Between Ranveer Singh In Padmavati & Khal Drogo From Game Of Thrones!
- HOT SCOOP! Shahrukh Khan's Dwarf Role Is Inspired By Game Of Thrones' Tyrion Lannister?
- Maisie Williams Is Grateful To Her Mother For Letting Her Chase Her Dreams
- Game Of Thrones Fame Hafbor Bjornsson Is No Longer The Strongest Man In Europe
- Insta Video Alert: Watch Anushka Sharma’s Sword Fighting In Game Of Thrones Style!
Fans of 'Game of Thrones' can rejoice as they television series is coming on the big screen this month, and that too for a week!
Game of Thrones is set to become the first TV series to get a theatrical release with HBO and IMAX striking a deal. Another happy news is that the exclusive season 5 trailer, as well as the final two episodes of the fourth season, will get an unprecedented run from January 23-29 at 150 theaters in top markets across the US.
'Thrones' will be digitally remastered to fit the IMAX format. According to IMAX, this will mark the first time a TV series has been showcased in the format. "The cinematic brilliance and grand scope of the series is perfect for the IMAX format," said Pamela Levine, chief marketing officer at HBO. "We are always looking to provide fans with new and exciting ways to experience the show and viewing two key episodes, along with the new trailer, on such an impressive platform makes for a great event."
"We couldn't think of a series more fitting than Game of Thrones to be the first presented in IMAX," said Greg Foster, senior executive vice president, IMAX Corp. "The scope and production quality of the show is quite remarkable, which will be highlighted even further in select IMAX locations - allowing fans, as never before, to become a part of author George R. R. Martin's world that [showrunners] David Benioff and D. B. Weiss created for HBO. It has the action, storyline and epic nature that our fans seek in IMAX and we're thrilled to team with HBO and our longtime partners at Warner Brothers to offer audiences a chance to experience it in the ultimate theatre setting joined by other fans of the series."
The fifth season of the hit fantasy series premieres in April.