- Jamie Dornan Thinks Shaving Off His Beard Makes Him Look Like A Thumb
- 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer, More Raunchier Than The Original
- Jamie Dornan Felt 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Paralyzing
- Jamie Dornan Terms Shooting During Terror Attacks As 'Bloody Awful'
- Dakota Johnson Is So Over The Hot Scenes In Fifty Shades Of Grey Sequels!
- HOC's James Foley To Direct Fifty Shades Darker, Expect The Sequel To Be Thrilling!
Dornan who plays Christian Grey is gracing ELLE UK's Feb issue and in an exclusive interview with the magazine, the Irish actor has discussed about his role and Fifty Shades which is releasing on Valentines Day.
In the interview, Jamie Dornan said that Fifty Shades of Grey is not just about eroticism. "The love story is more important than the BDSM aspect. I mean, we are going to tell a love story, you know, it can't just be what happens in the Red Room, that's not a film. There's so much more going on than that."
Jamie Dornan even cleared the air by saying that the upcoming erotic movie is not anti-feminist. "I can understand why people say tying a woman up and spanking her is misogynistic. But actually, more men are submissive than women. Very powerful men. It's a far bigger scene than I imagined: in pretty much any city in the world that you could name, people want to get spanked with a paddle with studs on it."
Jamie has been facing criticism by haters who feel that he is playing similar roles twice. Comparing both Christian Grey and psychopath Paul Spector in BBC crime drama The Fall, the actor said, "They're both tying women to beds, yes; but for very different reasons. If the motives are so different, then the action has to be different."
"I'd be really upset if people think that I'm giving the same performance twice," he added.
See Jamie Dornan's full photo shoot and interview in the February issue of ELLE UK. On sale 2nd January 2015.