- Mark It: Oscars 2016 Nominations & Show Dates Revealed
- Disney's 'Big Hero 6' Is Highest Grossing Animated Film of 2014
- Patricia Arquette Clarifies 'People of Color' Oscar Comment
- Scarlett Johansson on John Travolta's Oscar Kiss: "His Kiss Was 'Welcome''
- Awkward Oscar 2015 Moments We Wish Were Deleted!
- Emma Stone & Behati Prinsloo Suffer Wardrobe Malfunction At Oscars
- Patricia Arquette's 'People of Color' Comment Criticized
- Vanity Fair's 2015 Oscar Party: Rita Ora, Irina Shayk, Gigi & More Reveal Skin!
- Stephen Hawking Congratulates Eddie Redmayne On Oscar Win
- Kim Kardashian Misses 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party, Kanye Wins BET Honors
- Oscars 2015: Neil Patrick Harris Sings, Jokes, Strips But Fails To Bring 'Fun'
- Rita Ora Shows Butt In Sheer Gown At Vanity Fair Oscar 2015 Party
The 87th Academy Awards is less than a month away. While the nominees are awaiting the biggest awards night, we can give rough estimates on the winners list based on the tally sheet from the just concluded big award ceremonies.
For example, Golden Globes and SAG Awards which were recently conducted are increasing the run for the Oscar race. Oscar nominees are already winning other awards which is strengthening their Academy win further.
Coming to the big categories, Julianne Moore has a greater chance of winning Best Actress category. After winning at Golden Globes, Critics' Choice Award, and the SAG, Moore has strengthened her Oscar nomination.
Eddie Redmayne with two wins, Golden Globes and SAG is giving a tough competition to Michael Keaton for Best Actor. Michael has won Critics' Choice Award beating Redmayne in this category.
The Best Picture is a big and competitive fight between Boyhood and Birdman. None other movie has won much awards apart from these two at major awards. However, we feel that The Grand Budapest Hotel can bring in some weightage to the Oscar race.
Here is a list of Oscar winners predictions of 2015 based on the results from Golden Globes, Critics' Choice Awards and SAG.
Eddie Redmayne (for The Theory of Everything) and Michael Keaton (for Birdman) are tough competitors. Eddie won Golden Globes and SAG while Keaton has Critics' Choice Award. Eddie however has a stronger chances of winning for his portrayal of Stephen Hawking in the biopic.
Julianne Moore looks like the clear winner in this category as she has been leading it at other awards. Julianne Moore who plays an Alzheimer patient in Still Alice has Golden Globes, Critics' Choice Awards and SAG already in her kitty.
Birdman and Boyhood have been leading in all the awards this season. Both the movies are going equal in the winning side. However, The Grand Budapest Hotel might give a tough competition as Oscars is unpredicted!
Best Supporting Actor
J.K. Simmons is the clear winner with Golden Globes, Critics' Choice Award, and the SAG wins. His performance in Whiplash has got him many accolades.
Best Supporting Actress
Her acting in Boyhood which was filmed for 12 years has won Patricia Arquette a Golden Globe, Critics' Choice Award, and SAG awards. Although she is giving tough competition to contenders like Oscar favourite Meryl Streep, Patricia seems to be on the winning side.
Richard Linklater's Boyhood and Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's Birdman are competing against each other majorly in Best Picture and Best Director as well. Golden Globe and Critics' Choice Awards for both Best Director and Best Picture. Whereas Birdman won the biggest award at SAG (Best Ensemble Cast) as SAG doesn't have these category.