- Scarlett Johansson Disappointed By Ivanka Trump
- Scarlett Johansson's Ghost In The Shell Lands In Casting Controversy
- Monogamy Is Unnatural Believes Scarlett Johansson
- Scarlett Johansson In Talks With Marvel Boss For Black Widow Stand-alone Movie
- Being A Working Mom Is An Incredible Challenge Says Scarlett Johansson
- Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Gender Pay Gap In Hollywood
After the success of 'Lucy', Scarlett Johansson is set to comeback with another action movie. The new mom is getting back to work after delivery in September, as she has been roped in to play the lead role in DreamWorks' adaptation of the popular Japanese anime, "Ghost in the Shell".
The Black Widow of Marvel Cinematic Universe is cast to portray Major Kusanagi, a covert agent fighting tech crimes in a futuristic cyberpunk world. Sources report that the offer was given to Johansson sometime back and she was not sure of the role. But now, Deadline Hollywood has reported that the actress has agreed and will star in the movie.
The live-action film is adapted from Masamune Shirow's manga of the same name. Rupert Sanders ("Snow White and the Huntsman") is expected to sit behind the lens with the script by Bill Wheeler. Avi Arad and Steven Paul are among the producers.
In October 2013, Johansson, 30, was reportedly being offered USD 10 million to play the heroine"Lucy" made $394 million worldwide and Johansson can be seen next in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," releasing this May.
Seeing Scarlett playing action heroine is a treat to the eyes. We can't wait to watch the 'Ghost in the Shell' to go on the floors.