- Benedict Cumberbatch Will Be Seen In A New Role, Stopping Time
- Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms His Involvement In Avengers: Infinity War
- Benedict Cumberbatch Wants Director Scott Derrickson To Return For Doctor Strange 2
- Doctor Strange Creator Planning For A Sequel
- Benedict Cumberbatch Getting Transformed Into Sherlock Holmes Alter-Ego
- Benedict Cumberbatch Doesn't Think Himself As A Hollywood Star
Adding more to the misery of female fans, the 'Sherlock' star and fiancee Sophie Hunter are now expecting their first child together.
Cumberbatch and Hunter are 'over the moon' as expectant parents, reported the Guardian. "I am delighted to confirm that Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are expecting their first child. They are both over the moon," the actor's publicist told the newspaper. However, the gender of the baby is not yet revealed.
One source told Page Six: "Sophie is a few months along, and both she and Benedict are very excited about it. They are also quietly planning to marry in early spring."
Sophie Hunter, actress and theater director created pregnancy buzz when she graced the Palm Springs International Film Festival red carpet with Benedict Cumberbatch showing little baby bump in a long Just Cavalli maxi dress. When asked about the wedding, the actor who is busy shooting new season of 'Sherlock Holmes' replied, "One thing at a time!"
The 38-year-old actor, who sent his female fans on Twitter in mourning by announcing his engagement to Hunter, 36, in November last year, is generating awards buzz with his performance of Alan Turing in 'The Imitation Game'.
The couple is expected to marry this spring, reportedly earlier than anticipated. Cumberbatch has been spotted with Hunter at multiple award ceremonies over the past couple of months. Cumberbatch is a frontrunner for the best actor in a drama award at the upcoming Golden Globe Awards 2015 this weekend for his role in the WWII drama and is expected to garner an Oscar nomination.