- OMG! Deepika Padukone To Be Grilled By Ellen DeGeneres About Her Love Life & Career In Hollywood!
- 10 Celebrity Images That Almost Broke The Internet!
- Much Love For Green: These Vegan Hollywood Celebs Will Surely Inspire You!
- Have You Met Ellen DeGeneres' Boyfriend? Say Hi To Tayt Andersen!
- Little Known Facts About Rihanna: Hot Pictures & All You Need Know About The Singer!
- Most Adorable Pictures Of Ellen DeGeneres & Portia Di Rossi: Their Love Story!
What made Ellen DeGeneres cry on her show? Ellen DeGeneres is one of the comedians who with her humour, wit done at perfect timings can make your mood.
So, it is quite surprising to see the entertainer feeling low or crying that too on camera. Before you come to a conclusion, here is what actually made the talented host of The Ellen Show cry.
Ellen DeGeneres had guests, Selma cast on her show. Oprah Winfrey who plays Annie Lee Cooper, David Oyelowo who plays Martin Luther King Jr. and Carmen Ejogo who plays Martin's wife, Coretta Scott King were on The Ellen Show to talk about their biopic.
During this, Ellen got emotional while talking about the movie, Selma is based on Martin Luther King Jr., the American pastor, activist, humanitarian, and leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. The biopic focuses on a short period after the 1964 passage of the Civil Rights Act, the law that abolished segregation and discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex or national origin in the US.
While discussing Selma with Oprah Winfrey, Ellen said, "The opening scene is heartbreaking, and I cried from the moment I sat down until the end." Ellen was so touched by the biopic and the struggle shown in the movie, she added, "I can cry thinking about it now."
Ellen got emotional and was almost in tears while saying this. Oprah then came forward and gave the support to make Ellen feel better.
Selma actress, Carmen then said, "So many people come out of the cinema with the same reaction. It is such a galvanizing film."