- Best Of 2016: Who Is The Best Hollywood Director Of 2016?
- Best Of 2016: Which Is The Best Hollywood Movie Of 2016?
- Jacqueline Fernandez Heaps Praises On Hollywood Star Denzel Washington!
- Denzel Washington Happy To Do A Western For The Magnificent Seven
- 2 Guns - Movie Review: Action Filled, But Tedious
- Eddie Murphy, Drew Barrymore tops Forbes list of most overpaid Hollywood stars
The very multi-talented Denzel Washington says that he believes fame is "overrated".
The Magnificent Seven actor states that he thinks the term 'fame' does not quite equate with success. The actor sighted the example of his father saying that his father had worked 50 years for the water department. And even he was successful in what he was doing.
"My father worked 50 years for the water department, he was also a minister and he worked three jobs all the time. He made it, he was successful. Celebrity is really overrated - we don't want anything to do with celebrity. I am an actor." Said Denzel Washington in a statement.
The actor also praised his wife and said she knows everything about love.
"I didn't know everything there was to know about love, but I married a woman who did and how to share that." The actor added.
Denzel Washington also opened up regarding the diversity issue in Hollywood and said he has experienced it well.
He shared, "I've heard everything. And what I hear keeps changing because they used to say it didn't sell over here, and it does. Then they said it doesn't sell in the South and it does. Well, it doesn't sell in Europe, and it does ..."
"I don't have to think about it. I've lived it. I've been the guy at the Oscars without my name being called. I've been the guy at the Oscars when my name is called. I've been the guy at the Oscars when everybody thought they was gonna call my name, and they didn't. I've lived it." He added further.