- India Is Rocking At The Oscars Red Carpet! Says Riteish Deshmukh
- Oscars 2017: Dev Patel Loses Oscar Battle To Mahershala Ali From Moonlight
- Dev Patel Feels Nervous As The Oscar Night Approaches
- BAFTA Awards 2017: Full Winners List, La La Land & I, Daniel Blake Win Big
- Dev Patel Grabs The Best Supporting Actor Award At BAFTA 2017
- Dev Patel Overwhelmed By His Newfound Heartthrob Status
British-Indian actor Dev Patel said that he had to bring drastic changes in his look to fit in the character for Lion. He added, he had to grow his hair long and facial beard in order to look more masculine and mature for the role.
The 26-year-old talented actor stated, Garth Davis, the director had particularly asked him to bring a drastic change in his look for the character of 'Saroo Brierley' like no one has ever seen before.
"After the audition, Davis said 'If we decide to go with you. I really want you to change.' He said he wanted to see a Dev Patel that no one has ever seen before. I become a man, really," said Dev.
Dev also revealed that he had asked his manager to clear off his schedules for next eight months so that he can concentrate entirely on the role for Lion.
"I called my manager straight after I walked out of the audition and told him that if I get it, don't send me anything for the next eight months. Don't distract me with any other work or audition," Dev added.
The actor said that opportunities like this don't come often,the movie stars Nicole Kidman in the role of Dev's mother Sue Brierley.
"Journeys like this don't come around very often for someone who looks like I do," Dev stated further.