- Eddie Redmayne Used To Smuggle The Fantastic Beasts Script Home With Him
- Eddie Redmayne Finds Public Transport Productive In London Traffic
- Passion Makes People Attractive: Eddie Redmayne
- Eddie Redmayne Auditioned For Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Fantastic Beasts Trivia: 5 Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know!
- Fatherhood Is An Extraordinary Feeling, Says Eddie Redmayne
Eddie Redmayne might be hitting the screens tomorrow as a lead and protagonist in the JK Rowling's Harry Potter spin-off or can be better named as the Harry Potter prequel. But would you believe if I say, he was once rejected for an important role in Harry Potter movie earlier?
Yes, the very talented Academy Award-winning actor had once auditioned for the character of 'Tom Riddle' in Harry PotterAnd The Chamber Of Secrets but failed to impress there and never got a callback. He was a university student back then, trying to break into acting.
"I actually auditioned to play Tom Riddle when I was back at university. I properly failed and didn't get a callback. Over the years, I always hoped I might be cast as a member of the Weasley family, but unfortunately not," Eddie Redmayne said.
The talented Redmayne would have been an easy fit in the Harry Potter series either in the Weasley House or at least in the evil army of Voldemort. But then, everything happens for a reason.
If he had landed on a role in the Harry Potter movie, he would have never done Steven Hawking's The Theory Of Everything.And this movie fetched Redmayne, an Oscar.
Well, this story really made my day as I am writing on it, what it teaches us is that dreams do really come true even for once in your life if you don't give up on it. He might have missed the role in Harry Potter films, but he did find himself in the league with much bigger role than Tom Riddle.
And guess what? Oscar in his pocket already.