- Emily Blunt Feels Motherhood Is A Huge Societal Obligation
- John Krasinski Lost A Bet And Cooks For Emily Every Week
- Actor Ben Whishaw In Consideration For A Role In Mary Poppins Returns
- The Huntsman: Winter's War, What we Know So Far!
- Pics From the Movie Promotion of The Huntsman: Winter war
- Emily Blunt Dishes About Ex, Michael Buble & Addresses Those Cheating Rumours
Celebrated actress Emily Blunt reveals that she was teased and bullied in her childhood for her stutter.
Emily Blunt, who is now happily married to actor John Krasinski, said, she had developed speech impediment in her childhood merely at the age of 10, as a result she was bullied and had to face many cruel remarks.
She now thinks that overcoming the childhood stutter has aided her a lot in shaping up as an adult.
"I think whatever you have to overcome in life, ultimately paves the way for who you become as an adult. I got teased a lot, and to this day, I hate unkindness in people and bullies," said Blunt.
The actress also added that she even faces difficulties to utter names, as sometimes she has to pause before doing it.
"Names are always tricky because you can't substitute a different word and there's so much pressure attached to it, even nowadays, when I'm tired or I feel put on the spot, I still sometimes struggle to get the words out," the actress said.
"When I make a phone call - especially if I'm calling someone I don't know - I have to mentally prepare myself. There's always a big pause between when they ask 'Who's calling?' and when I say 'Emily Blunt.'" She added further.