- Oscar Awards 2018 Highlights: Best Speeches, Quotes, Jokes & Many More!
- Oscars 2018: Jimmy Kimmel Takes Potshots At Harvey Weinstein
- Oscars 2018 Live: Jimmy Kimmel Steps Up Attacks Against Donald Trump, Mike Pence & Fox News, Again!
- Hollywood Breaks Into Mourning Comedian Don Rickles Death
- Oscars 2017: And The Oscar Goes To... See The Complete List Of Winners Here
- Oscars 2017: Storm Threatens To Foil Oscars Red Carpet Gala
Celebrated writer, comedian, and reality TV personality Jimmy Kimmel reveals that he is not paid much for hosting the grand event such as Oscars, which is to be held in February next year. However, he also states that he is lucky to be making something at least.
Jimmy reveals that he will make around something $15,000 for hosting the big events of Oscar, which is according to him is a low figure to its standard.
"I think it's illegal to pay nothing," he joked.
"I'm not sure I was supposed to reveal this, but nobody told me not to. I consider this their fault." Kimmel added.
Jimmy Kimmel is all set to host the grand award event on Sunday, February 26.He said that when the organizers failed to get anyone as a host, they asked Jimmy for the Oscars event.
"They asked like 14 people and they all said no and then there was me," added Jimmy jokingly.
"The producers and the Academy went through a long list of names, and in the end they decided that since I am already right across the street from where they do the show, I was the closest person to host," Kimmel quipped.
"I guess I have to get a tux now, or maybe I'll wear jean shorts? Has anyone ever done that?" He continued his witticism.