- Oscars 2018 Red Carpet Pictures: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone & Gal Gadot Make Heads Turn
- Oscars 2017: Biggest Oscar Upset, La La Land Loses Best Picture Award To Moonlight
- Best Of 2016 Results:Arrival And Emma Stone Score Big
- La La Land Touches All Time Record For Most Nominations In Oscars
- Emma Stone Says She Would Love To Do Theatre Again
- Emma Stone Wishes To Shed Her Stage Name
The critically acclaimed movie The Jungle Book, is running successfully across the globe and the team is basking in the glory of the success of the movie. Disney just confirmed that the sequel to The Jungle Book is already in the pipeline and we can expect the movie to hit the theatres somewhere in 2018 or 2019, said the Variety.
Along with The Jungle Book several other Disney movies are also approved for their sequels, including Maleficent and 101 Dalmatians. Interestingly, Disney is planning for a spin-off movie based on the villain of Dalmatians movie; Cruella. The reboot is said to star Emma Stone playing the character of 'Cruella', in this new spin-off version of the original movie.
Angelina Jolie is set to return for Maleficent with Linda Woolverton, the screenwriter of the first film, handling script duties. The Jungle Book director Jon Favreau and writer Justin Marks are returning for another trip into the wild.
The release date slots are confirmed, but which movie gets released in what order is not yet finalised. Live action fairy tales are slated for release in July 28, 2017, April 6, 2018 and December 20, 2019.
The company will also release live action movies on August 3, 2018 and on December 25, 2018. This puts the Disney movies head-to-head with other studio movies such as Jumanji, Sony's animated Spider-Man film, and an untitled animated film from ParaNorman creators, Laika. All these movies are likely to be released in close proximity and it would be a disaster if they get released in bunches.