TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
The Oscars 2016 is approximately a month away. As more and more light is shed on the lack of diversity, many actors are voicing their opinion with regard to this.
Recently, The Martian star Matt Damon spoke about Oscars 2016 and addressed the issue of having no people of color in a single nod for two consecutive years.
After celebrities like Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith announced that they would boycott the Academy Awards 2016, Matt Damon came forward to express his thought by saying,
'We're talking about huge systemic injustices around race and gender that are a lot bigger than the Oscars. They're massive issues in our industry and in our country.'
'Move is a wonderful first step. But that's what it is, a first step.' He continued. The other actor to talk about the #OscarsSoWhite was Viola Davis, who said,
'The problem is not with the Oscars, the problem is with the Hollywood movie-making system.' The actress strongly believes that the Hollywood movies fail to cast the Black actors in quality roles.