- It’s Time For Us To Embrace Donald Trump Says Matthew McConaughey
- Matthew McConaughey Is Selfishly Faithful To His Wife Camila Alves
- Matthew McConaughey Recalls How His Mother Slammed Him For Abbreviated Name
- INSIDE PICS! Akshay Kumar, Parineeti, Abhishek With Salma Hayek, Matthew McConaughey In Dubai!
- Matthew McConaughey Doesn't Look Like This Anymore!
- Celebrity PDAs & Kisses At Cannes Red Carpet: Nicole Kidman, Brangelina & More...
The Oscar-winning American actor, Matthew McConaughey, thought that his wife would say 'no', when he proposed her for marriage. He added that he and his whole family thought that Alves would refuse his proposal as she was taking time to answer.
"I remember hitting the knee, looking into her eyes and I remember her face," said the actor, who proposed Alves for marriage in front of the family during a Christmas gathering.
"I remember this smile coming up from her feet. I remember her having to catch her breath," he added.
"And she didn't say yes right away," McConaughey added further. "And then the whole family was going, 'Jeezus, she's gonna say no,'" recalled Matthew McConaughey.
However, Alves said 'yes'. The couple married in 2012 and are now proud parents to three children.
"Man is never more masculine than after the birth of his first child," he said. "I don't mean in a macho way. I mean in terms of giving a man strength." Matthew said.
He also praised his wife and said, "A good woman, gives a man courage and confidence - the courage to have the confidence to go and do it, to not be worried as much or consider as much what the rest of the world thinks."