- Alexander Skarsgard Finds It Tough To Shoot Domestic Violence With Nicole Kidman
- Nicole Kidman Puts Family Ahead Of Work
- Nicole Kidman Reveals Her Film Lion Made Keith Urban Cry
- Dev Patel Overwhelmed To Receive Oscar Nomination For Lion
- Nicole Kidman Terms Her Children Gypsies
- Nicole Kidman Amazed With Shailene Woodley's Political Engagement
Actress Nicole Kidman revealed that much before she became an Oscar-winning actress and a leading actress in the film industry, she had to beg for roles.
Kidman said, she had begged the director Gus Van Sant for the role in To Die For, which proved to be a career-changing move for the actress.
"No one thought I could do it and I think the studio didn't want me, and I think it went through a bunch of other actors, I called Gus and I said, 'please, give me the chance, I beg you,' because the writing was so strong." Kidman admitted.
"I said, 'Please, give me the chance. I beg you. Because the writing was so strong. Buck Henry - I mean, come on. Talk about great writing," she said.
"I'd come to the states and I'd done stuff and I fell in love and I got married and that was really ... I'm always driven by love so I can be taken way off my course of, 'Hey, I want to be an actor'. I go, 'Oh, now I'm in love, yeah! I'm gonna go do this because this is way more fun'," said Kidman.
However, the actress said, she slowed down a bit at the acting front after her marriage with Tom Cruise.
"Yeah, and also my desire I think (got refocused). And then I kind of got antsy and was like, 'Gosh I wish I had something, like a great character like I had in Australia when I was young and when I was, like, 15." Kidman stated further.