- David Oyelowo Wants More Diversity In Game Of Thrones Characters
- David Oyelowo Is The New Bond In Audiobook 'Trigger Mortis'
- Barack Obama Host 'Selma' Screening, Cast Attends
- Selma To Be Screened At The White House by President Obama
- What Made Ellen DeGeneres Cry On The Ellen Show?
- Golden Globes 2015 Nominations, British Actors Lead
Actor David Oyelowo, who will be seen in his new movie Queen of Katwe feels extremely pleased about his part, as the film virtually upholds the dark continent and shows Africa in a pragmatic light.
"I've done a film in Uganda before called 'The Last King of Scotland' which I really enjoyed doing. I think it's a wonderful film, but that film along with a number of other films have highlighted the negative side of what goes down on the African continent,"
"And that's because that's a truism but what I haven't seen enough of is the positive side of what Africa is and represents," Oyelowo said.
The actor even calls the movie Queen of Katwe a "huge move forward" for portraying Africa in a positive light and praises director Mira Nair, who had stayed almost two decades in Uganda for understanding the life and people there completely.
"I do think that films have ingrained in them the perspective from which they are told and if that perspective is an outside perspective inevitably it comes with whatever bias is tied to that perspective," David explained.
David Oyelowo also added, "I think Mira Nair being someone who has lived in Uganda for 27 years, the level and authenticity and knowledge she is able to bring of course differs entirely to a guy from Burbank, California."