- Fame Is Not Important To Renee Zellweger
- Returning To Hollywood Was 'Scary', Says Renee Zellweger
- Renee Zellweger Says She Craved For Creativity
- Renee Zellweger Slams Society, Says Double Standard Against Women Should Be Ditched
- Shortest Celebrity Marriages In Hollywood Which Will Make You Forget 'Weddings'
- Renée Zellweger's Birthday: Her Many Affairs
Bridget Jones actress Renee Zellweger. who has been rumoured to have done plastic surgery on her face, has slammed the speculations severely, and said nobody brings men under such censorious observations about their changed looks.
The 47-year-old star had said that people would not have been talking about the way she looks if she were a man. It's only the women, who have to come under the critical eye of people always.
"I've never seen the maturation of a woman as a negative thing. I've never seen a woman stepping into her more powerful self as a negative." She said.
"But this conversation perpetuates the problem. Why are we talking about how women look? Why do we value beauty over contribution? We don't seem to value beauty over contribution for men. It's simply not a conversation," she added.
She had also slammed the society's outlook towards women and said that they are just bothered with the physicality associated with women.
"Not that it's anyone's business, but I did not make a decision to alter my face and have surgery on my eyes." Renee said.
"This fact is of no true importance to anyone at all, but that the possibility alone was discussed among respected journalists and became a public conversation is a disconcerting illustration of news/entertainment confusion and society's fixation on physicality." She added.