- Ricky Gervais Believes He Is Already Married To Jane Fallon
- Comedian Actor Ricky Gervais Slams Celebrity Culture
- Golden Globes 2015 Nominations, British Actors Lead
- James Franco may use Ricky Gervais' jokes at Oscars
- Confusion between Ricky Gervais-Golden Globes resolved?
- Ricky Gervais refuses to host Golden Globes again
- Oscars 2016 Live Updates & Important Highlights: Chris Rock Kicks Off With A Funny Monologue!
Funnyman Ricky Gervais wants to host the Academy Awards ceremony and would not want to disappoint the viewers. The four time Golden Globe ceremony Host, 54-year-old English comedian, said he would accept the offer to present the Annual Awards ceremony on March 4, 2017 if he was asked, reported E!Online.
"I would if they said I could say what I wanted, but they would never say that," he said when asked about the Oscars' hosting gig.
However, "The Office" actor revealed he fears, he would disappoint viewers if he was to take over the reins for the Academy Awards. "I don't want to ruin their lovely night."
Meanwhile, the comedian revealed people question whether he enjoyed his hosting duties at the star-studded events, which saw him drinking beer on stage at this year's Golden Globes Awards.
"People think I don't enjoy it. I love it. I love going up there and saying what I want but it is stressful. It's quite stressful because you gotta work. I do work a little bit." "It's funny because I feel like I get it out of my system and then when it comes around like this time I said no because I was just too busy, but they persuaded me. But I do enjoy it every time I do it. It's always fun."
This year's Oscars was hosted by Chris Rock and it failed to generate as much as it was anticipated to generate. Chris Rock is a world renowned comedian and an established actor as well.
Next year if it is indeed Ricky Gervais, who would be presenting the Oscars, it would surely tickle your funny bones and an absolute delight to watch him present the prestigious Academy Awards.