- Diversity In Spider-Man: Homecoming Excites Director Jon Watts
- Tom Holland's Spider-Man Suit Is The Coolest Of All!
- The New Spider-Man Movie Will Not Focus On Uncle Ben Character Says Eric Carroll
- Tom Holland Attended Real American School To Prepare For Spider-Man Role
- Are They Dating?Tom Holland And Ella Purnell Spotted Dancing Together
- Tom Holland Reveals Why Spider-Man’s The Scariest Film To Shoot
So here we got our new 'Mary Jane'!. Zendaya Coleman is all set to play the female lead opposite Tom Holland in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming, movie. Zendaya will the play the character of Spider-Man's love interest - Mary Jane Watson.
The character of 'Mary Jane Watson' was brought to life by Kirsten Dunst in the Spider-Man trilogy opposite Tobey Maguire. The character instantaneously became famous among the Spider-Man lovers, as much as the Spider-Man.
However, issues in the production lines and change of franchise has seen many reboots to the highly successful movie. The reboots failed to bring the similar fame what Sony Pictures had earlier acquired with Spider-Man trilogy.
Now with the complete reboot to the stories and cast, Sony in association with Marvel, would like to hope for a change in fortune as well.
Earlier, the Mary Jane character was missing in The Amazing Spider-Man movie series, as the director Marc Webb deliberately wanted to highlight Peter Parker's relationship with Gwen Stacy.
But now with the new director and franchise, and with Spider-Man going back to its root, the character of Mary Jane Watson is much likely to be brought back on-screen. But it will be interesting to see if Zendaya Coleman can weave the same magic as Kirsten Dunst, in the role.