- Why Was Emma Watson Afraid Of Dan Stevens?
- Dan Stevens To Play Beast in 'Beauty and the Beast', Joins Emma Watson
- Emma Watson Calls Herself The Worst Liar Ever
- Emma Watson Finds It Hard To Deal With Scrutiny
- Emma Watson Wants To Have Michelle Obama For Pep Talk
- Emma Watson Feels Music In Beauty And The Beast Is Magical
Celebrated Hollywood actor Dan Stevens says that he has watched various movies like Citizen Kane and Wreck It Ralph, to gain inspiration for his upcoming film, Beauty and the Beast.
"One of the biggest differences is that in the animated film you don't see the beast before he was transformed. You see a stained glass window version of him but there's no real sense of what he was really like," Dan Stevens stated.
The actor said acting in the part of beast was not easy, and he along with the director Bill Condon had to take ideas and inspirations from movies like Citizen Kane and Wreck It Ralph, to actually portray the character on screen.
"In this film, we see him at the debutantes' ball, and something that Bill (director Bill Condon) and I were keen to bring out was this sense of a petulant, spoiled child and the sense of entitlement which led to his downfall." The actor added further.
"There's this psychological rationale about what makes a beast a beast, so I watched everything from 'Wreck It Ralph' to 'Citizen Kane' to help get me inspired," Dan Stevens explained on how he managed to perform the role of the beast.
The musical-fantasy Disney movie which also features Emma Watson, Josh Gad, Luke Evans, Ian McKellen and Emma Thompson is all set to release on March 17 in India.