- Is VanHelsing Next In Universal Picture's List After The Mummy?
- Did You Know? Tom Cruise's Zero Gravity Mummy Stunt Is Real!
- Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible 6 To Be Filmed In India
- Tom Cruise Trains A Year To Prepare For Mission: Impossible 6 Sequence
- Jonathan Lipnicki Says Tom Cruise Is The Best Person To Work With
- The Mummy Reboot First Trailer Unveiled & It’s Way Too Scary Than We Thought
If you are probably waiting eagerly to see Ethan Hunt aka Tom Cruise, to set out on another mind-scorching impossible mission in his upcoming and much-anticipated Mission: Impossible 6, then you should probably drop your expectation now.
Because, as per the director Christopher McQuarrie, Mission: Impossible 6 is not about a new mission of Ethan Hunt. Rather it will be based more on the emotional journey of the character.
While preparing the story, the writer-director of the film Christopher McQuarrie shared a major insight from the film and said, "I've seen five of these movies and I don't know who Ethan Hunt is."
"One movie sort of dealt with his personal life; the other movies are about people speculating what's really going on in Ethan's head. I want to know who Ethan is in this movie, I want an emotional journey for this character, and Tom really embraced it." Said McQuarrie.
"So I put Ethan in a bunch of complicated moral quandaries, and I'm trying to find ways to connect them -- and then, ironically, the way to connect them was through giant action scenes." The director added.
The director also said that he has discussed with Tom Cruise about the 'shift in paradigm' of the movie from the stereotype and projecting it in a different light than its other five sequels.
"I may have found something today. I came to Tom with a picture of something and Tom looked at it and said, 'That's awesome! I want to fall off of that!' It's like, OK, I can see it on a poster, and I can see Tom falling off of it." McQuarrie stated further.