- BAFTA 2017: Celebrities Heading To London For The Grand Award Night
- La La Land Touches All Time Record For Most Nominations In Oscars
- Academy Awards 2017: Here Is The Full List Of Nominations
- Deepika Padukone 'Loved' La La Land, Says She Wants To Work With Ryan Gosling!
- BAFTA Awards 2017: Full Nominations List
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: La La Land Creates Record With Most Number Of Awards
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: Ryan Gosling Hails Wife Eve Mendes In His Acceptance Speech
- Ryan Gosling Finds Blade Runner 2049 Sets Overwhelming
- Emma Stone And Ryan Gosling Left Permanent Mark On Hollywood
- Ryan Gosling Said Working With Emma Stone In La La Land Was Fun
- Ryan Gosling Credits His Family For Making Him A "Better Man"
- Hurray! Another Baby On The Way For Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes!
Films have a uniquely influential ubiquity within the structure of human society and culture.
From the dawn of civilization, art and humanities have always craved the path to understand the human condition and their world in a better way. For centuries, various works in literature have provided the light for reflection on the human facet.
While literature proved imperative to enlighten us, films and movies, on the other hand has evolved further to provide us a visual alternative. Movies throughout the time have not only offered a visual narrative much akin to literature, it also entertained us and touched our senses.
Films and movies nowadays have become one very essential part of our daily lives as it offers a rich source of reflection on our own world. It has become a medium of escaping into the multiverse within our own universe.
By watching films of different genres, we bring ourselves to the window to escape into a different world altogether. Into the time and space which makes people around the world so diverse yet so identical at the same time.
Films and movies not only entertain us, but also throw a vast ocean of learning before us. It teaches us to understand and accept the diversity as well as the unity in humanity through their multitudinal faces they call as actors and actresses.
So as the year 2016 wraps up, let's just take a moment to acknowledge those faces of cinema in the previous year. Let's just take a moment to vote for the best actors who by their great performances have made us cry, laugh, live and love.
CASEY AFFLECK (Manchester By the Sea)
Casey Affleck, in the movie Manchester By the Sea, has been brilliant with his breathtaking breakout performances which left the audience feel walloped. Casey Affleck has made his character look so natural by his intense acting and searching eyes to hint the melancholy.
DENZEL WASHINGTON (Fences )
Denzel Washington in Fences has delivered the most, influential and powerful performance backed by his experience and intuition. He looked much intense and a natural fit for the character in the movie. Denzel Washington brought all his stage experiences into this movie.
JOEL EDGERTON (Loving )
Joel Edgerton's critically-acclaimed performance in Loving has not only won hearts but also put him in consideration for Oscar nomination this year. Joel Edgerton relied on his body languages to bring this role in the movie to perfection.
RYAN GOSLING (La La Land )
Ryan Gosling's aesthetic approach towards naturalism and intense stylization in the movie La La Land, has appealed the audiences to a great deal. He has in a way outperformed himself to fit the character of a struggling youth in the movie.
TOM HANKS (Sully )
Tom Hanks might have come to the twilight of his career but yet he shows why he is still regarded as one of the reigning kings in the aspect of acting. He with his subtle yet profound mannerism and body language convinces the audience as Captain Chesley (Sully) Sullenberger in the movie.