- India Is Rocking At The Oscars Red Carpet! Says Riteish Deshmukh
- Oscars 2017: Dev Patel Loses Oscar Battle To Mahershala Ali From Moonlight
- BAFTA Awards 2017: Full Winners List, La La Land & I, Daniel Blake Win Big
- Dev Patel Grabs The Best Supporting Actor Award At BAFTA 2017
- Dev Patel Overwhelmed By His Newfound Heartthrob Status
- Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Says He Enjoyed Shooting In Australia
Celebrated Hollywood actor of Indian origin Dev Patel, who has been nominated for the prestigious 89th Academy Award in the category of Best Supporting Actor for his splendid performance in the Garth Davis movie Lion, says he is bit nervous about the big award event.
The Lion actor states that, whenever he thinks about the Oscar night, which is less than a week away, he feels nervous and his heart rate increases.
"There's not much more preparation to do at this point. Now, it's up to the film gods and we are just really enjoying this time. But whenever I think it's just a week away, my heart rate rises a little bit," Dev Patel said in a statement.
"A woman came up to me after a screening and said she had been on the fence about wanting to adopt, but after watching the film she said it gave her the courage to do so and she now felt it was her calling. The film is changing lives," the actor added further.
Dev Patel also shared his feeling about bringing her mother Anita Patel to the Oscar.
"As a child you may say to your parents, 'One day I am going to take you to the Oscars.' But for that to actually materialise into a truth is quite amazing," Said Dev Patel.