- India Is Rocking At The Oscars Red Carpet! Says Riteish Deshmukh
- Oscars 2017: Dev Patel Loses Oscar Battle To Mahershala Ali From Moonlight
- Dev Patel Feels Nervous As The Oscar Night Approaches
- BAFTA Awards 2017: Full Winners List, La La Land & I, Daniel Blake Win Big
- Dev Patel Grabs The Best Supporting Actor Award At BAFTA 2017
- Dev Patel Overwhelmed By His Newfound Heartthrob Status
The renowned Hollywood actor of Indian origin Dev Patel, who has bagged the prestigious nomination for Oscar in the category of 'Best Actor in a Supporting Role' for the movie Lion, says he is overwhelmed by this development.
However, he will face tough competition in the category from the likes of Jeff Bridges from Hell or High Water and Mahershala Ali from Moonlight... The 89th Oscar Awards will be given away on February 26, 2017.
"The news hasn't made its way into my brain yet, but I'm looking at these beautiful smiling faces around me... faces of the ones I love. And I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude." Dev stated.
Dev also praised the director Garth Davis and said he is crucial in bringing Dev on the verge of Oscar.
Talking about the director Garth Davis, Dev said, "Without his love, commitment and vision 'Lion' wouldn't have been able to roar."
He also heaped high praise for his entire Lion team and co-actors.
"To that extent, I want to share this incredible feeling with Luke, Grieg, Jenny Kent, Lain, Angie, Emile, Sunny, Nicole, David, Rooney, Divian, Priyanka, the Brierley family as well as the Weinstein Co team," added Dev.
"'Lion' reaffirms the message that love is not dictated by the colour of your skin, not by race, gender, sexuality, social status or origin. It is a message I am proud to be spreading during these uncertain times." Dev stated further.
"This will forever be one of the most memorable experiences of my life," he concluded.