- Oscars 2018 Red Carpet Pictures: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone & Gal Gadot Make Heads Turn
- Oscars 2017: Biggest Oscar Upset, La La Land Loses Best Picture Award To Moonlight
- Best Of 2016 Results:Arrival And Emma Stone Score Big
- La La Land Touches All Time Record For Most Nominations In Oscars
- Emma Stone Says She Would Love To Do Theatre Again
- Emma Stone Says She Is Lucky To Have Equal Pay
Shakespeare might have said "What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet." But this philosophy is certainly not working out for the celebrated Hollywood actress Emma Stone.
The actress much known for her critically acclaimed role in La La Land, says she wishes to shed her stage name and hold back her real name which is Emily Jean Stone.
The La La Land actress stated, she had to take one imaginary name while signing up for Screen Actors Guild under SAG rules. Because there cannot be two members with same name and the name Emily Stone was registered already.
"Well, I was 16 when I found out at SAG I couldn't have my own name. So to ask a 16-year-old to pick a new name is really an interesting process because I was like, 'I'm going to be Riley. My name is going to be Riley Stone'," said Stone.
"And so my name was Riley Stone for about six months and I did a guest spot on 'Malcolm in the Middle' and one day they were like, 'Riley, Riley,' and I had no idea who they were talking to and they were like, 'Hey, hey come on we need you on set.'" she continued.
"And I was like, 'Oh I'm not Riley, I can't be Riley'," Stone added.
Later on, the actress had changed her name to Emma as it sounds more closer to her real name Emily.