- My Speech At The Golden Globes Was Inelegantly Expressed: Tom Hiddleston
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: La La Land Creates Record With Most Number Of Awards
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: Ryan Gosling Hails Wife Eve Mendes In His Acceptance Speech
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: Viola Davis Wins Golden Globes For The First Time
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: Proud Of Representing India Says Dev Patel
- Golden Globe Awards 2017: Jimmy Fallon Sets The Ball Rolling In Style
Renowned American actress and singer Meryl Streep puts her Golden Globe Awards 2017 acceptance speech to good use. She criticized the new American President Donald Trump severely on stage at the awards night.
Bringing a reference to what Donald Trump had earlier stated, the actress said.
"Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners, and if you kick us all out, you'll have nothing to watch except for football and mixed martial arts, which are not arts," said Meryl Streep in her speech.
Adding to her speech, the actress continued "But who are we, and what is Hollywood anyway? It's just a bunch of people from other places,"
Streep also slammed Trump by saying that one "performance" which stood out this year is of Donald Trump as he ridiculed a disabled reporter.
"There was nothing good about it, but it did its job," she said.
"It kind of broke my heart when I saw it, and I still can't get it out my head because it wasn't in a movie, it was in real life.' Added Meryl.
"That instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in a public platform, it filters down into everyone's life because it gives permission for others to do the same." The actress stated further.