- I Grew Up With Holes In My Shoes Says Jennifer Lopez
- Everything I Do Is For My Children Says Jennifer Lopez
- When Leonardo DiCaprio Was Pranked By Jennifer Lopez And James Corden!
- Must See! Golden Globes Awards 2016 After Party Pictures!
- 46 Years Old Jennifer Lopez Reveals The Secret Behind Her Toned Body!
- 9 Hollywood Celebrities Whom PETA Hates For Abusing Animals!
Celebrated actress and singer Jennifer Lopez, who emerged as a prominent entity in Hollywood has also marked her dominance over more than two decades, feels that the time hasn't changed much for women working in the industry.
Lopez first broke into fame with Selena which recently completed its 20th year. It was a biopic on the renowned music personality Selena Quintanilla-Perez.
"'Selena' was a meaty role, but it was few and far between, especially for Latinos to have a role like that," Lopez said in a statement.
"I think it's still challenging for women, especially being Latina. Thinking about 'Selena' 20 years ago and to have a role like that, I was very lucky. I was very fortunate. But it's still a struggle for women," the singer-actress added.
"At this point, you have to create your own opportunities and I think that's why I got so much more into producing and taking into our own hands as an artist," said Lopez.
"I think it's the second phase of your career - you kind of make a name for yourself and show everybody what you do and where your talents lay, and then you have to take it into your own hands and be the artist that you want to be." Lopez added.
"I think (the industry) is still moving and growing, and it's always a challenge for women," she added." She concluded.