- Jada Pinkett Smith Feels A Sense Of Freedom With Her Growing Age
- #OscarsSoWhite: American-African Actors Jada Pinkett Smith & Spike Lee Boycott Oscars 2016
- 'Magic Mike XXL' New Trailer Is Breathtakingly Hot!
- Madagascar 3 set to release in India on June 8
- Will, Jada Pinkett Smith say their marriage is intact
- Who is Willow Smith’s role model?
Hollywood actress Jada Pinkett Smith states that she is quite contented and happy with the fact that the nominations for Academy Awards 2017 has included more black stars to its list.
The 45-year-old star, who is wife of renowned Hollywood actor Will Smith had protested against the lack of diversities in Hollywood and nominations for Oscar in the year 2016, along with her husband. But she is happy to find more black stars being nominated for this year's Oscars.
"I feel really fantastic. It's a beautiful thing to see. We had a lot of exceptional films this year. I'm glad to see that projects like 'Hidden Figures', 'Fences' and 'Moonlight' are getting recognition. I'm very proud this morning," said Jada Pinkett Smith in a statement.
"I look at this beautiful step towards that. Just our participation as artists in this time of how went want to represent our country, what is the messaging we want the world to see." Added the actress.
The actress also stated that it is important for all the black artists in the industry to take the responsibility to raise voice against the lack of diversities in Hollywood.
"As artists we have strong voices. We create strong imagery in regards to the identity of our country. It's important that we take responsibility for that." Said Jada.