- The Fate Of The Furious Movie Review: Rides On High-Octane Escapism And Insane Action
- Activision Blizzard Studios Is Looking To Bring Call Of Duty On The Big Screen
- Jason Statham Wants To Learn Spanish, French And German
- Jason Statham To Fight Megalodon Shark In Meg
- Critics' Choice Awards 2016 Complete Winners List & Red Carpet Arrivals
- Happy Birthday Jason Statham: PDA Pics With Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
The Fate of the Furious director F. Gary Gray's feels that the character of Deckard Shaw played by Jason Statham has been put up as the surprise element in the film, and it his character which will bring people to the theatre says the director.
"Well, first of all, I've worked with Jason before on The Italian Job. So I know what his range is. He's capable of doing a lot. And you see him stretch himself a little bit in this movie, a little bit of humor, a whole lot of action." Said Gray.
"You know, if you were to interview Jason, he would say, "Well, I wouldn't necessarily say I was a villain. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a part of the family either." Gray added.
"He just has a very specific mission in mind. You have to see the movie to see what it is, but I thought it was very interesting that he could team up with the family and work for a common goal." Explained the director.
"That's something that I don't think people would expect and, again, that's part of the reason why you go see the movie, to see why." The director added.
"Yeah, he's awesome, and I'm glad he was up for it, he was game. Like you said, without giving up too much, it's such a fun part of the movie, especially given that there's pockets of drama throughout." Gary Gray stated further.