- I Have Utmost Respect For Single Mothers, Says Chrissy Teigen
- John Legend Thinks He Is Not A Perfect Husband
- John Legend Was Initially Rejected By Big Record Labels
- Aww.. So Cute! Check Out Chrissy Teigen's Daughter's First Pic!
- Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Are Proud Parents Now!
- Kardashians Host Baby Shower For Chrissy Teigen!
Renowned American musician, singer and actor John Roger Stephens, popularly known as John Legend, is really upset for being called a 'monkey' by a photographer. The singer says he is not hurt by such a comment but rather upset to find that racism still exists.
He added, black people in America have to deal with these dehumanisation always and it is still quite evident even in the present days.
"We were right next to each other and we looked at each other like, 'Did he really just say that?' And he really said it. He basically called me a monkey." Said John Legend in a statement that criticized the photographer severely.
"Black folks have had to deal with being called monkeys for a long time and dehumanisation has always been a method of racism and subjugation of black people. That's just part of American history and it's part of the present, apparently." He added.
"We saw it with the former president, Obama, whenever people wanted to discount him or discount his wife, they compared them to apes. And we've seen that frequently. You know, I'm not hurt by someone saying that to me because I'm smarter, I'm stronger." Stated John.
"I look down on that person that would say something like that, but it's a shame that still exists." He added further.