- Oscar Blunder Due To Hollywood's Obsession With Trump?
- Meryl Streep Receives Standing Ovation At The 89th Oscars 2017
- Oscars 2017: Biggest Oscar Upset, La La Land Loses Best Picture Award To Moonlight
- Viola Davis Receives Her First Oscar After Being Nominated Thrice
- Sunny Pawar Steals The Oscar Show With 'Lion King' Live Performance
- Oscars 2017: Celebs Wear Blue Ribbon To Protest Against Trump At The Red Carpet
With less than a week's time remaining for the 89th Oscar Awards Event, officials are highly concerned over a major security threat due to the politically charged environment in the US.
In the Hollywood's biggest award event, all the major stars will gather around at the Dolby Theatre for securing their respective laurels. But LAPD has been on their edge to negate any security scare for the award ceremony.
A few days ago the entire streets surrounding the venue for the Oscar had to shut down over a bomb scare, the bomb squad intervened the scene only to find it was a false alarm.
"You always wonder when something like that happens if someone is checking response time for the bomb squad and robots," said an official.
"This will be the largest stage of the liberal left in the world, and they will use it to promote political issues, so you'll have immigration issues, Donald Trump issues and things like that," one of the security experts added.
"So knowing that you look at domestic possibilities with clashes between the two sides. I think that Donald Trump gave certain powers to the right and the ultra-right, so there may be some issues with that outside," said the security expert.
"The security everyone is looking at is really about physical clashes of the ideas between people who believe in them." He added further.
The homegrown extremists are the ones LAPD is considering as the biggest threat. But they will be fully prepared to negate any unwanted circumstances with surveillance cameras, sniffer dogs, metal detectors and the SWAT team, assured the LAPD head.