- Scarlett Johansson Disappointed By Ivanka Trump
- Scarlett Johansson's Ghost In The Shell Lands In Casting Controversy
- Scarlett Johansson In Talks With Marvel Boss For Black Widow Stand-alone Movie
- Being A Working Mom Is An Incredible Challenge Says Scarlett Johansson
- Scarlett Johansson Opens Up About Gender Pay Gap In Hollywood
- Scarlett Johansson Wishes To Play A Disney Princess
"Well, with every gain there's a loss, right? So that's a loss. You have to choose a path. I think the idea of marriage is very romantic; it's a beautiful idea, and the practice of it can be a very beautiful thing." Said Scarlett Johansson.
However, on the context of monogamy, the actress said, "I don't think it's natural to be a monogamous person. I might be skewered for that, but I think it's work. It's a lot of work."
"And the fact that it is such work for so many people - for everyone - the fact of that proves that it is not a natural thing. It's something I have a lot of respect for and have participated in, but I think it definitely goes against some instinct to look beyond," Johansson added.
"I think marriage initially involves a lot of people who have nothing to do with your relationship, because it's a legally binding contract, and that has a weight to it." The actress explained.
Johansson continued, "Being married is different than not being married, and anybody who tells you that it's the same is lying."
"It changes things. I have friends who were together for 10 years and then decided to get married, and I'll ask them on their wedding day or right after if it's different, and it always is. It is. It's a beautiful responsibility, but it's a responsibility," concluded Johansson.