- Jennifer Lawrence As Joy Mangeno With Bradley Cooper In Joy's First Trailer
- Oscars 2018: Jennifer Lawrence Climbs Over Chairs While Juggling A Glass Of Wine In Her Hand!
- Oscars 2018 Red Carpet Pictures: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone & Gal Gadot Make Heads Turn
- Chris Pratt Is The Hardest Working Person Says Jennifer Lawrence
- Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Be Mystique In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2
- Jennifer Lawrence Embarrassed Chris Pratt With Her Girly Scream
Celebrated American screenwriter, producer and director David O Russell, states that he has got all inspiration from his mother to make films like Joy, where he deliberately portrayed women as a powerful and strong force.
"My inspirations for the film were the actual daring women I've known in my life. My mother was a very daring woman. All of her friends were -- they were always at the kitchen table trying to get involved in the Board of Education." Said David O Russell in a statement.
"They were also trying to create things 'cause it was very hard for some of them to get jobs in the 1980s and the 1970s." the director said further.
Talking about the film Joy, the director said, "You see Joy take care of her whole family as the quiet person from the first part of the movie in a salt of the earth world, metal garage, soap operas of her mother's at home, and become a force.
"That's what makes me want to see a movie, is when a woman becomes fierce and has power but not in a glamorous way, in a way that she ends up being very forgiving and benevolent but you can see that she's a very, very intense, fierce person inside there." Added David O Russell