- Deepika Padukone Looks Ravishing In White At The TIME 100 Gala & We Can't Stop Staring! PICS
- The Fate Of The Furious Movie Review: Rides On High-Octane Escapism And Insane Action
- Next Fast And Furious Movie May Take You Up To Space: Chris Morgan
- Fast & Furious Writer Reveals Sequel Plans
- Tokyo Drift An Important Chapter In Fast & Furious Series Feels Chris Morgan
- Feud With Dwayne Johnson Was Overemphasized Feels Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel may have been synonymous with the Fast and Furious franchise, but did you know Vin was not the first choice actor to play the iconic role of Dominic Toretto in Fast and Furious films? In fact it was actor Timothy Olyphant who was first offered the role to play Dominic Toretto.
"I had been working with Paul Walker on another movie, 'Skulls', and I gave him the script [for The Fast and the Furious]... Rob Cohen, who I had made 'The Rat Pack' with, we gave him the script. The two of them liked the idea." Said producer Neal H. Moritz
"And then we had to look for Dom Toretto. The studio said, 'If you can get Timothy Olyphant to play that role we will greenlight the movie.'" Moritz added.
However, Moritz also said that the Fast and Furious franchise has been lucky as Timothy Olyphant turned down the offer and Vin Diesel eventually got the role.
"The luckiest thing that ever happened to us is Tim Olyphant turned us down. He's a great actor. In fact, I'm curious to see what that movie would have been." Stated Moritz.
"I went and met him at Kate Mantilini restaurant and he wasn't a star yet, but the great thing about Vin is he always believed he was a star..." Recalled Moritz.
"And I was going in there to think he's coming to me to want the role and I'm the one there now having to convince him to do the role! Lucky for both of us that happened. And then we started to make the movie." Moritz explained further.