TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
The Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer has also been nominated for this year's Academy Award for the NASA movie titled Hidden Figures.
"When you know how movies are made, the explosion of films with people of colour is not a reaction to #OscarsSoWhite." Said Spenser in a statement.
"The tide has changed, but we still have ways to go, because they still aren't inclined to greenlight a movie that's starring a person of colour, without a long list of white box-office people," Spencer added further.
The actress also mentioned that the term 'diversity in Hollywood' must not be used only to denote African-Americans in the industry.
Rather it is a term that should be used to represent people from "all shapes and sizes, varying ages, varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels, varying degrees of education, impoverished and elite" Said the actress.
"Moonlight is one of the few stories that cover what it's like for the black, gay experience. Lion, that's diverse, that's out there now. There's so many different perspectives and interesting stories out there." Explained Spencer.
"There are many, many meanings of diversity to me. I want to see more Latin stories told. More Asian stories." Spencer stated further.