- Superhero Movies Are Not My Kind Of Thing Says Ridley Scott
- The Martian Movie Review: Matt Damon Wins The Game In Ridley Scott's Space Film
- 'The Martian' Trailer Starring Matt Damon Is Gripping!
- Kevin Macdonald, Ridley Scott to make film on YouTube videos
- Robin Hood - Movie Review
- Angelina Jolie approached for lead role in Gucci
Ridley Scott says he is keen to bring back the iconic character of Maximus Decimus Meridius in Gladiator2, played by Russel Crowe in the first film. The renowned English film director and producer says he knows how to bring back the character of Maximus in its sequel.
The character of Maximus Decimus Meridius had been killed at the end of the movie, but the director says that he would portray the warrior's body as a portal which could bring another soul to the mortal world.
"I can bring him back. I know how to bring him back. I talked him into how I'm bringing him back. I use the body of a dying warrior as a portal that could bring somebody back." Said the director in a statement.
Though the director did not reveal if Russel Crowe will reprise his iconic role as Maximus Decimus Meridius in the sequel, there is enough hint in the statement that suggests we can see Russel Crowe as the Gladiator again.
"Russell, me and Nick Cave, it was about bringing him back. It was a good idea. It's on the shelf somewhere at Dreamworks... [Russell] said listen. I've got some thoughts, 'What can we do about Gladiator?' I said, 'I can bring you back.' That's how it began." Stated Ridley Scott.
"He'd been working with Nick Cave, so then we talked--the three of us-- and out of it evolved a screenplay." Ridley Scott added further.