TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Celebrated Hollywood actress Zoe Saldana states that Donald Trump's election as the US President has been a reminder of the fact that sex and race both play a strong role in today's world and particularly in the US.
"There was a realisation that I just had in this last election is that, that America is racist," says the Guardians of the Galaxy actress.
"Of course, there's racism everywhere. I'm not saying that there isn't. But I think that sexism is much stronger and it's much more aggressive. And turn on the TV, just read the newspaper," Zoe Saldana added.
The Guardians of the Galaxy actress also said that lack of trust in power and leadership of women has been the root of all problems.
"It's like the moment a woman gains some kind of position of power, she will be questioned," she said."It's almost like you're trying to prove our incompetence." Stated Saldana.
Citing Hillary Clinton's example Saldana said sexism has been emerging as a greater threat in America now.
"I'm just like, 'People, she's up against a man that calls women pigs on national television and she's incompetent?' There's a big problem here and we have to address this pink elephant in the room. And it has to do with sexism in America," Saldana explained further.