- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Mahindra Procures Kaala Fame Thar To Exhibit In Their Museum
- Nagarjuna Replaces Rajinikanth In Dhanush's Next Directorial Venture?
- Tovino Thomas Reveals Why He 'Apologised' While Shooting With Dhanush For Maari 2
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- Dhanush To Start Shooting Maari 2 Soon!
After the likes of Irrfan Khan, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Anil Kapoor, it's time for another Indian star to mark his entity in Hollywood.
Well, this time it is South Indian superstar Dhanush, who is creating ripples with his upcoming Hollywood project opposite celebrated actress Uma Thurman in the Oscar-nominated filmmaker Marjane Satrapi's movie.
Marjane Satrapi is an Iran-born, French filmmaker and comic book writer who is all set to work with this extremely talented Indian actor in his upcoming film based on Romain Puertolas's popular novel titled The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an Ikea Cupboard.
"As I was watching various Indian movies, Dhanush became the most obvious choice - his intelligence, his killer smile, his ability to enter fully into the skin of any character he played (and I can go on and on forever) made me confident that he was the one." Said Satrapi.
The novel which achieved the best selling tag soon after its publication in the year 2014, has also been translated in 35 different languages. This narrates the story of an Indian con-man who sets on a trip to France which gradually turns out to be a philosophical odyssey.
"I am very excited by this opportunity to work in a full-length Hollywood film for the first time. The director, Marjane Satrapi, felt I would be apt for this role. I feel there are many facets I can explore for this character." Stated Dhanush about his Hollywood debut.