- Tom Cruise To Star In Race 3? The Mission Impossible Star Meets Anil Kapoor In Abu Dhabi
- Sylvester Stallone To Have A Cameo In Salman Khan's Race 3?
- Not Boney Kapoor! Sridevi Confessed She Was Crazy About This Person & Thought He Was Her 'Ideal Man'
- RELAX GUYS! Sylvester Stallone Isn't UPSET With Tiger Shroff's Rambo; Wishes Him 'Good Luck' Instead
- HEARD THIS: Tiger Shroff To Star In Bollywood Remake Of Sylvester Stallone's Rambo?
- There Is No Expendables Without Stallone Says Arnold Schwarzenegger
Iconic Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone said that his dog Butkus had actually inspired him to write script for his career-changing movie, Rocky. The actor said he has been indebted to his dog Butkus for the 1976 movie which actually propelled Sylvester Stallone to fame.
"1971... Since we're on the subject of 'man's best friend' this is myself and Butkus as a puppy, we were both, thin, hungry and living in a flophouse above a subway stop, I used to say this apartment had Hot and cold running roaches" Stallone posted on his social media account.
He continued, "anyway there was not much to do except spend time with each other and that's where I started to learn the craft of screenwriting. Since I never went out, I relied on his companionship."
"And actually it was his idea to write Rocky, but don't tell anyone...," Stallone stated alongside a photograph of him with his dog Butkus
However, the actor also shared his story of misery and hardship and said at one point of time he had no money to feed his dog and he had to sell his dog for USD 40 in order to save its life.
"Years later when things got even worse I had to sell him for USD 40 in front of a 7-Eleven store, because I couldn't afford food," said Stallone.
"Then like A modern day miracle, the screenplay for Rocky sold, and I could buy and buy him back, but the new owner knew I was desperate, and charged me USD 15,000 ... He was worth every penny!" Stallone added further.