- Shocking! Angelina Jolie And Her Children Eat Tarantulas
- Did Angelina Hint At Reunion? Says 'We Are A Family And We Will Always Be A Family'
- Angelina Jolie Trying To Keep Brad Pitt Away From Her Children
- Angelina Jolie Started Chain Smoking Due To Divorce Battle
- More Kungfu Panda Films To Come: Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Images Of Other Women On Brad Pitt's Phone Led To Brangelina Split?
Celebrated Hollywood filmmaker, actress and activist Angelina Jolie stated that people should be careful about falling for tricks of the populist politicians and leaders.
Angelina Jolie, while talking about the issue of rising populism in the country said, "This is an old trick and we should know better than to fall for it,"
"And I see it rising, and the only thing I can do is use my voice and encourage others. And raise my children to know right and wrong and to have a broader view of the world and to embrace their diversity and other people's, and respect others." Said Jolie.
"And I think that's all we can do right now, is each and every person - each one of your listeners - we all just have to be the best of ourselves, now more than ever, we really have to rise up and find our rational center, our who-we-are and what-do-we-stand-for. And we know it. We know what's right and wrong." The actress added.
While speaking about the populism issue, Jolie was much careful about not mentioning any particular individual or country. Earlier she had written a column in a popular local newspaper criticising Donald Trump's decision of travel ban on the terrorism issue.
"The American people are bigger than any president, I suppose I have faith in my country and in what it is founded on and the values we hold dear." Said Jolie.
"I believe that many of the things that we're hearing that we feel are based on a sense of spreading fear or hate or dividing people by race or judgement is un-American.' She added further.