- 'Dunkirk' Director Christopher Nolan Coming To India By March, Says Amitabh Bachchan
- Christopher Nolan Draws Inspiration For Dunkirk From Dark Knight Trilogy
- The Best Mind-boggling Hollywood Movies Of All Time!
- Interstellar Director, Christopher Nolan To Receive Cinematic Imagery Award
- Man of Steel gets good opening in TN
- TDKR fails to beat TASM record at Indian Box Office
Celebrated English-American screenwriter, cinematographer, editor, producer and director Christopher Nolan says he tried to portray a different tone and utter a distinct story of the grim Dunkirk evacuation incident that took place at the time of World War II in France.
The military operation under the name of Operation Dynamo, and also known as Miracle of Dunkirk, took place to evacuate the allied soldiers from the harbour and beaches of Dunkirk.The director said, he had portrayed the incident in the"most visceral" way.
"Dunkirk and the legend of it is something that British people grow up with - it's in our DNA, I wanted to tell the story in the most visceral way possible, I wanted to take that audience and put them on that beach," said Nolan in a statement.
"The idea of taking this paradoxical situation and putting it on the big screen - it's something that's been close to my heart for some time, it's something I didn't think I was ready to do." The director added further.
This war thriller will star actors like Mark Rylance, Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Harry Styles and others. The director stated that this film will be narrated through the eyes of three war soldiers tied with same fate of the war.
"Dunkirk" is scheduled to release all over on 21st July 2017.