TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Dave Bautista might have appeared in a few films earlier, but Guardians of Galaxy has literally reshaped his career as an actor. The actor said he was not happy with his Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 scripts as he thought it was too boring.
"I was excited about the script, but when I first read the script, I wasn't crazy about my part. It went a different direction than what I thought they were going to go with Drax. That's just because I was expecting one thing and got another." Said Bautista.
"So I was a little bit thrown off at first. Also, what I usually do when I get a script is I read my dialogue first, I just didn't really get the jokes. I just didn't think Drax was that significant in the film, and I don't find myself funny at all." He added.
"So I remember reading, and I'm just sitting there not laughing. Like, wow, it was disappointing because I thought Drax was going to be so much more," said the actor.
Dave Bautista also said that addition of actress Pom Klementieff as Mantis has helped him feel comfortable with the script later on.
"We knew right away on the screen test, because I screen tested with three or four other actresses, and Pom was the one who I just connected with emotionally. Like me, she just wears her heart on her sleeve, and she's just got that emotional range." Stated Bautista.
"She also has a knack of being able to deliver a joke in a deadpan manner. She's got the same knack. It just meshed well together." The actor explained further.